The Grove Entertainment District
Centrally located in Forest Park Southeast, The Grove business district stretches nearly one-mile along Manchester Avenue between Kingshighway and Vandeventer. This thriving district plays host to a diverse range of businesses offering up great places to eat and drink, a multitude of dance floors, spots to shop and grab coffee, a brewery, tattoo parlors and much, much more. With over 50 business and several organizations devoted to improving the vitality of the area, this growing commercial district bringing energy to the neighborhood.
The Grove was originally called Adam’s Grove in the 1950s, when it served as a bustling commercial district in the City of St. Louis. Since that time, the strip along Manchester Avenue experienced urban decline. Known for its diverse community, The Grove is home to several LGBT friendly businesses, several of which lead the initial wave of investment in the area, starting with Attitudes Night Club opening in the 1980s. In recent years, community members devoted to filling one vacant storefront at a time, have revitalized the district. “The Grove” name was coined in collaboration of various community members in an effort to re-brand the growing commercial district.
Enjoy the vibrancy of the expanding neighborhood – visit The Grove!
Events in the Grove
There’s always something happening in the neighborhood– whether it’s a cycling race, a beer tasting event, a concert or an eclectic street festival, you can find it here in the Grove!
Events in the area are as diverse as its locals and visitors. Each year, a number of special events highlight the very best the Grove has to offer and continue to increase the neighborhood’s popularity.
The Grove Community Improvement District
The Grove CID was established in 2009 by property owners committed to improving the area’s safety and appearance, with the goal of strengthening and fostering an active business, entertainment, and residential community.
The CID is run by an 11-member Board of Directors, made up of property owners and/or business operators within the district with a purpose of funding and managing services and projects within the district. Examples of this include providing security, cleaning initiatives, providing additional off-street parking, marketing the businesses within the CID, funding special events, and promoting business retention and development.
All of this is facilitated with money collected from special assessments on properties in the district and an additional 1% sales tax collected on all retail sales (approved by the registered voters residing the in District).
“The Green Dining Alliance (GDA) is a restaurant sustainability certification program of earthday365, a 501c3 non-profit organization. The GDA works with restaurants to reduce their environmental impact by completing an on-site audit that evaluates all areas of operations, and setting personalized goals with each Member. We define a “green” restaurant by emphasizing: reducing, recycling, and composting restaurant waste; operating facilities with efficiency; and sourcing sustainable food, to-go ware, and cleaning supplies. The GDA operates throughout the St. Louis region with an emphasis on the City of St. Louis and St. Louis County.”
If a business is GDA certified you will see it denoted with the Green Dining Alliance logo on this website.
For more information check out their website: https://greendiningalliance.org/
Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
FY 2019-2020 Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
- FY 2020-2021 Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
- 2019 Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
- 2018 Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
- 2017 Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
- 2016 Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
- FY 2019-20 Digital Platform Streamlining Services RFP (closing date 6-14-19)
- FY 2019-20 Grove Signs Maintenance closing date 5-7-19
- FY 2019-20 Landscaping- RFP closing date 5-7-19
- the Grove CID- 2018-19 Cleaning and Maintenance (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Pedestrian Lighting (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Signal Box Artwork (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Videography (closed)
- FY 2017-2019 Audit RFP (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Cleaning and Maintenance RFP (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Lanscaping RFP (closed)
- FY 2017-20 Legal Services RFP
Special Event Funding Request Form
- Complete applications should be submitted to the Grove CID Administrative Offices C/O Park Central Development at least 90 days before the proposed event.
- For instructions and guidelines on how to submit a Request Form, Please review the Funding Request Form
For additional information on the CID, visit the website of Park Central Development.